Saturday, January 26, 2008

Why Not Disarm The Mobs? And Who Polices The Policemen?

Since the beginning of this fiasco I have watched many news reports and I have been wondering why the security forces are not disarming those people walking down the streets with machetes? What else could these thugs be using those weapons for if not to hack fellow Kenyans to death.

Then the security forces themselves are acting in an unacceptable manner. I am sure we have all seen the shocking footage of the policeman executing the "Man in Black". Simply shocking, but in my mind simply a continuation of the extra-judicial killings that began last year. What happened to the gentlemen policemen like the GSU bloke I saw on footage chatting firmly but amicably with Charity Ngilu. What have we become?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home