Saturday, March 25, 2006

What was I thinking?

I had this other blog... until yesterday. I was in Blogger primping and preening the blog, changing and unchanging my profile and all the little thises-and-thats that us bloggers do with webesque alter egos.

Then, out of the blue, I felt that I had just had it with the damn blog. I click on the Settings tab and there it is ... "Delete This Blog" - click and it was gone. Just-Like-That.

Fast forward to today... I sit up with a start. What was I thinking? I frantically search for the "Yes, I screwed up please UNDO that bad decision" button, but alas it was gone. For good.

In a moment of brilliance I rush off to see if the omnipotent Google has at least some pages in its cache. Nothing. Gone.

So a message to all y'all bloggers out there. Hide your blog, stop writing for a week or a decade... but deleting your entire blog without recourse is just not a smart thing.

The worst thing is that I know it is still out there in the ether someplace, I just don't know where. But I just know it will reappear at the most inopportune moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home